Translate

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Glossybox UK May: Opening & Review

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY GLOSSYBOX :)
 
It's that time of the month again - our Glossybox's have arrived! This month is more special than most however as it is Glossybox UK's 2nd birthday - so the theme for this month is a birthday theme, where we get all the treats. It's a brilliant combination of Glossybox's most raved about brands, which has converted us to them, and there's even a sixth item.
 
I was a little confused though as I read in the leaflet which comes with the box that girlies who have been subscribing for over a year receive an extra treat. However, I noticed that there is no mention at all in there about the sixth item, so I'm not sure if that was the extra treat or if there is supposed to be another as well - as I have been subscribed for less than a year. Let me know?
 



From the outside, it just looks like the average box but when I opened it I was so excited when I saw the cute packaging. The paper is white with lots of little cakes, number 2's and other birthday things and an adorable '2' sticker, which is wrapped up with a fuschia ribbon. Again, Glossybox have stuck by their birthday theme by providing surprise when you open the box.
 
 
I just love love love the shredded yellow paper inside the box. It's so vibrant and pretty - really wasn't expecting this. This month's Glossybox is one of my all time favourites; I feel as though Glossybox have taken notice of our beauty profiles for once, rather than sending us a random selection of products which we probably will never use. They have celebrated their 2nd birthday by sending us their favourite products for us to try out - love it. Of course, a sixth item is always a bonus too!
 
 
Jelly Pong Pong - Fairy Lashes Mascara - £15/Full Size
 
I received a different Jelly Pong Pong product in the March Glossybox but wasn't overly thrilled by its quality so though I wasn't optimistic about the quality of this mascara at first, I wanted to try it out. I have to say that my impressions on this brand have completely changed because I really like this mascara now that I've tried it. The packaging and name are really cute too. It made my lashes longer and thicker but no where near as clumpy as most mascaras. Also, it is waterproof so getting this off was hard work - but I really like the product. I'm still not sure whether this is the full-sized product or not, but it is a very generous size!
 
 
 
BM Beauty - Prime & Create Mixing Medium - £20/20g
 
So at first I thought "what is Beautiful Movements Cosmetics?" and then I realised that it is BM Beauty, which they are most commonly known as. I've noticed that everytime BM Beauty products are featured in a Glossybox, they are always teeny tiny. However, I am already a fan of their finishing powder so couldn't wait to try out this primer. I'll be honest, i'd never tried out a primer before now (uh-oh) but I applied it as a base coat before applying foundation and loved the results. The leaflet contains different ways to apply it, including mixing it with foundation for a flawless finish.
 


Awapuhi Wild Ginger - Shine Spray - £18.95/125ml
 
I haven't heard of this brand and I don't usually use shine spray's anyway but I'm sure I will try this out some day. I love the design of the bottle and I believe that we have received the full-sized product, which is a lovely surprise once again. However, I think that £18.95 is expensive for a shine spray - so definitely have high hopes for this product.
 
 
Headline Colours - Poolside Party Nail Polish - £9/10ml
 
Oh look - another full-sized product; Glossybox have been extra generous this month. I've noticed that everyone has receieved different shades of this nail polish - some I love and some I wouldn't wear so I am very happy that I have received this light turquoise shade, as it is a shade I would choose anyway. I don't often wear bright nail polishes but this shade is just too stunning to shove in a drawer. The application instructions state that you should apply two thin coats; the first one to fix the polish to the nail and the second one to give it a glossy finish.
 
 
Collection - Fast Stroke Eyeliner - £2.99/6ml
 
I was very surprised to see this product in a Glossybox because I use this eyeliner almost every day. It is the full-sized product so receving this means I don't have to buy another just yet (yay!) As much as I love this eyeliner, I do like to receive new products that I have never tried before - but I really can't complain. It is just a standard liquid eyeliner which I see as a huge essential to have in your make-up bag - and very cheap too. Im sure other girls will be converted!
 
 
THE SIXTH ITEM!
Glossybox - Nail Files
 
It's always lovely to receieve a sixth item, especially seeing as it is Glossybox's birthday this month. You can never have too many nail files! Again, they are such a huge essential that every girl needs so I'm sure that this product will never go to waste.
 
 
What did you receieve? Are you happy with your products? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. there's such lovely things in this box! so jealous xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the exact same as you in my box! I should be doing a post about it soon as I was soooo pleased with it!
    I think its probably one of my fav boxes so far :) I mixed the BM primer with my powder blush and the finish was perfect, a really soft pop of colour to my cheeks so I would definitely recommend trying that out!
    Love the post xx

    http://meganlr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    Feel free to check out my new post and let me know what you think :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the nail polish!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody seems to be thinking more of the glossy boxes now. They definitely went through a stage of getting a lot of bad press. Hope you enjoy :)

    I have a MAC giveaway on my blog, you should come and check it out :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete