Translate

Monday 11 March 2013

Glossybox UK March: Opening

(I was originally intending on posting a video of me opening the box so you could see my genuine first reaction to the products. I actually filmed this but because I'm impatient and couldn't take ages getting ready before I opened it, I looked like rubbish in the video so have decided not to upload it. I'm sorry! Haha. But I think that the descriptions below will probably benefit you more anyway. Hope you like this. Did you receive different products? Let me know! I always love hearing what everyone else received.)
 
 
This is the Glossybox as I received it; it looks pretty empty. The product sizes are quite small and I only received one full-sized product this month, which is kind of disappointing. Overall, I liked what I received but thought that the samples could have been a little more generous. There is plenty of variation of products too: 1 hair product, 1 fragrance, 1 nail polish, 1 make-up product and 1 skin product - which is how it should be every month.
 
This is the first time ever that I have actually heard of the majority of the brands. This is good because I guess they're more popular brands but on the other hand, it's a bad thing too because the theme is 'city chic' so I was expecting more international brands that perhaps, aren't that well heard of in Britain. Also, Glossybox is supposed to give us luxury products to try out - Tresemmé and Nails Inc aren't what I would call 'luxury products.'
 
 
The theme for this month's Glossybox is 'city chic' which is something I wasn't expecting but I was really excited to see what was inside. We received the usual leaflet with a list of the products inside and also a travelling book which I thought was quite cute; it has a number of cities and countries in it featuring images of their main attractions and a few random facts. It honestly looks like it took a while to make and a lot of thought has clearly gone into it. It made me want to see the world! Haha.
 
 
Juicy Couture - Couture LaLa - £63 / 100ml
 
When most people open their Glossybox and see a perfume sample, they think "uh-oh" but I love receiving fragrances because the majority of the time, they smell great and I discover brands I would never have considered buying. Couture LaLa is another one of them fragrances I would never have considered buying, but now I have smelt it - I want it! Juicy Couture is known to be quite chavvy (sorry) and isn't what I would consider to be a luxury product. However, I love the scent so I can't really complain. It's my favourite kind of scent: fruity, fresh and girly. I would definitely purchase this - though it is pricey.
 
 
Tresemmé - Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray - £4.69/500ml
 
I wasn't expecting to receive a Tresemmé product in a Glossybox but I am looking forward to using this. I love the smell of Tresemmé products (not sure why) so they are always a win for me. I have never tried their hair spray though so I can't wait to use it. It is 'extra hold' which is fantastic for me because I always go for the stronger hold hair sprays because my hair is thick and out of control at times. But still, Tresemmé in a Glossybox?
 
 
Nails Inc - St James - £11/10ml
 
This nail polish is London's 'contribution' to the city chic themed Glossybox. I love the shade; it's not blood red but more of a bold red with a slight dark-pink tint. This is the type of shade I would usually go for anyway so I can't wait to wear this. I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't receive a full-sized product of this considering nail polishes are generally small products anyway. But still, you could get a few uses out of this 4ml version. I really hope it's not one of those nail polishes that chips after 2 days!
 
 
Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant - £25/50ml
 
This sample is absolutely teeny tiny and in all honesty, I can't really understand its purpose. It is a 'New York' skin cream to revitalise tired skin - apparently it's best for those busy girls who are always on the go. I would be surprised if I got more than one use out of this product because it is only 7ml; it is the same length as my little finger! However, I am always open to new things and seeing as it's expensive and such a well-known brand, I have high hopes.
 
 
Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics - Lip Blush - £12/2.5g
 
This lip blush is a full size product (YAAAAY!) Jelly Pong Pong is the only brand in this box that I haven't heard of so if I like this, I would buy more of their products. Perhaps they are bigger abroad? I couldn't figure out where the brand is actually based. It looks like an over-sized crayon, which isn't terribly convincing and it smells like an over-sized crayon too. However, I love the shade and I think the red tone would suit most skin tones so it is very well chosen.
 
 
Let me know what products you received. What did you think?


11 comments:

  1. I love Tresemme hairsprays, they smell lovely!:) I'm a new follower, i'd love for you to check out my blog:) Xx.

    myloveforxx.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a good box! I'd love to get the Elizabeth Arden's cream! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Juicy Couture !! Though I agree some of their clothes can be quite chavvy with all their extra bling on etc. Though I love their perfumes and really want this one !! :)

    Love you to check out my blog; www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk and would be great if we could follow each other xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the juicy couture perfumes smell amazing!

    Do you mind taking a second to check out my blog? I just started a few months ago and I love feedback! (:

    Rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. checked all the above blogs out and left you comments/followed! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I saw you at the blog hop and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. I look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. check out my blog & follow if you like :)

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the same contents as you but my lip blush is a different shade. You can check my glosssybox post I did recently to see it. I would say that the lip blush is my fav item, I started to use it this morning - its so moisturising and lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish we had glossy box here in India! The products look fantastic!
    Lovely blog! Maybe you'd like to follow each other, let's stay in touch ♥
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting review!
    And by the way, would you like to follow each other?
    That would be great! Let me know, dear ;)

    xx
    Nati
    4-trendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,

    i got your message. you may send your ad here;

    http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/p/contact-me.html

    ReplyDelete